The problem with making yummy treats for parties when you have a baking blog is that you have to post it right away; or you get facebook wall posts nagging for it. 😉 I joke Jax! I ❤ you. Thanks for giving me 4 or so hours of tiny baby time.
I made these reallllly yummy cake truffles. I saw the recipe at The Creapes of Wrath
I changed it a little bit, but it is the same basic idea.
1 box yellow cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake) (I used cake tops from a couple cakes I made and half of the cake from Austin’s Ice cream cake)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup Nutella
18 oz. milk or dark chocolate (I used chocolate almond bark)
Sprinkles or whatever you want for decoration
I paired the chocolate cake with the peanut butter and the yellow cakes with the nutella
– Put cake in bowl and crumble
– Add PB or Nutella and mix well.
– Form into balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
– Place in freezer ( I left in for about an hour or so)
– Melt chocolate and dip cake balls into the chocolate ( I used little tongs, the fork and tooth picks didn’t work)
– Decorate the way you wish
– Let cool in freezer
These were so yummy. The chocolate/PB ones were very rich but very good.
My only complaint is that the yellow/nutella ones didn’t hold together well and got my chocolate a little but it wasn’t so bad. Maybe next time I will use more nutella.
I will be making these again. Every time I make a cake and level it I will freeze the tops and when I have enough cake I will make them again.
There you go Jax.